Wednesday 17 June 2009

Starting a campaign

New to blogging and driven to start this one in protest against the use of 0845 numbers by numerous businesses for their customer service or other general communication. Bear with me if my novice status shows.

I'm hoping that by this small beginning a movement will develop to use protest, customer pressure, etc. to cause companies to cut out their use of 0845 numbers.

It is my intention to introduce my reasons for starting the campaign, background etc., in other postings, and to develop the subject step by step, interactively when appropriate.

Once the basic situation hsa been outlined, I hope we will move on to identifying possible ways to orchestrate action, monitor progress, etc. - possibly including a "register" of offenders and results.

Please read on.